WARNING FOR THE TOWN OF GRANVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT
The citizens of Granville who are legal voters in the Granville Town School District are hereby warned and notified to meet of the Granville Town Hall on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 of 5:00 p.m., to transact the following business:
l. To elect a moderator for the next year ensuing.
2. To hear and act upon the reports of the Town School Officers.
3. To see if the Granville Town School District will appropriate a sum of money to provide education for the 2015-2Ol6 school yeor.
RECOMMENDED: $ 580,935.00
4. To elect a Town School Treasurer for a term of one year.
5. To elect a school board director for a three (3) year term starting March 2015 and ending March 2016.
6. Shall the 2016 Granville Town School District meeting be Tuesday, March 1,
2016 at 5:00pm.
7. Shall the voters authorize the School Board to borrow by issuance of bonds, or notes, not in excess of anticipated revenue for the current
school year and the upcoming school year.
8. To do any other necessary and proper business.
GRANVILLE SCHOOL DIRECTORS
Erika Línskey 2017 (3 yr term)
Trina Service 2016 (3 yr term)
Bruce Hyde 2015 (3 yr term)
Dated at Granville, Vermont this 20th day of January A.D.,2O15
Attest, Kathy Werner
Granville Town Clerk
TOWN OF GRANVILLE ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
The legal voters of the Town of Granville are hereby warned and notified to meet in the Town Hall in said Town on March 3,2015 at 6:30 p.m. to transact the following business:
1. To elect a Moderator for the year ensuing.
2. To elect all Town Officers as required by law:
a. To elect a Selectperson for a 3 year term.
b. To elect a Lister for a 3 year term.
c. To elect a Treasurer for a I year term.
d. To elect a Delinquent Tax Collector for a I year term.
e. To elect a Town Grand Juror for a I year term.
f. To elect an Agent to Prosecute & Defend Suits for a I year term.
g. To elect a Cemetery Commissioner for a 3 year term.
h. To elect a Second Constable for a I year term.
3. To hear the Selectmen’s report and act upon same.
4. To hear the Outside Auditor’s report and act upon the same.
5. Shall the Town of Granville vote to instruct the Selectboard to seek a Charter Change to accommodate a full time
Appraiser to oversee the Lister’s office?
6. Shall the Town of Granville vote to increase the Capital Account for Town Highway Structures in the
amount of $9,000.00 for the purpose of meeting the local match for the State Town Highway Structures
Grant Agreement yet to be applied for?
7. Shall the Town of Granville vote to increase the Capital Account for Building Maintenance in the amount of
$5,000.00 for the purpose of painting the Municipal Complex?
8. Shall the Town of Granville vote to appropriate the sum of $1,000.00 to the Rochester Public Library to
provide library services to town residents?
9. Shall the Town of Granville vote to continue to repay the Local Match of the FEMA expenses in the amount
10. Shall the Town of Granville vote to authorize the Selectboard to borrow money in anticipation of paying
back the Town’s share of the FEMA expenses?
I I . Shall the Town of Granville vote to create a Capital Account for the purpose of covering expenses for Fire
Protection in East Granville in the amount of $1,500.00?
12. Shall the Town of Granville vote to create a Capital Account for the purchase of equipment for the First
Constable in the amount of $3,500.00?
l3 Shall the Town of Granville vote to accept the budget of $290,859.00 to meet expenses and liabilities of the
Town and authorize the Selectboard to set a tax rate sufficient to provide the same?
14. Shall the Town of Granville vote to authorize the Selectboard to borrow for current expenses in anticipation
of taxes to be paid and grants received?
15. Shall the Town of Granville vote to apply any surplus from the current fiscal year to reduce taxes in the next
16. Shall the Town of Granville vote to apply any surplus from the Highway Budget’s current fiscal year into
the Highway Capital Investment Fund?
17. Shall the Town of Granville vote to authorize all property taxes be paid to the Treasurer as provided by law,
in three (3) equal installments, with due dates being; September 15, January 15 and May 15.
18. Shall the Town of Granville vote to authorize to levy an interest charge on all late installment payments of
one percent per month or fraction thereof for the first three months and thereafter one and one-half percent
per month or fraction thereof either from the due date of the last installment or from the due date of each
installment, as provided for in 32 V.S.A. 4873.
19. To transact any other business to come before said meeting.
20. To adjourn said meeting.
Dated this 2lst day of January,2015.
by each of the Selectboard members
Victoria Crowne – 2015
Michele Brown – 2017
Received for the record this 21st day of January, 2015
Attest: Kathy Werner / Town Clerk
Front Porch Forum has launched in the area. To sign up, follow this link:
Front Porch Forum is a free community-building service. Your neighborhood’s forum is only open to the people who live there. It’s all about helping neighbors connect. Expansion news!